How to update the rEM
- Turn off the power and remove the module.
- Remove the top screws and carefully open the lid…it is held back by a thin strip of adhesive that will give in at some point.
- Carefully remove the blue electronic board (MCU) from the fron PCB (otherwise the program will not transfer) and note which way the USB port was pointing
- Plug in a Mini USB cable, Windows will install the CH340 driver automatically or install the provided driver
- Install the EvenMidi XLoader software.
- Download the latest version of the EvenMidi firmware.
- Launch the software, choose Duemilanove / Nano (ATmega328). Load the .hex (firmware), choose the newly assigned USB port
- Upload and wait for the update confirmation message.
- Now that your MCU is up to date, you can remove the USB cable and put it back in.
Be aware that your custom user presets might get lost in the process.